Thursday, November 13, 2014

       International Festival Held At UCO 


Today I attended UCO's International Festival that was held in the ballrooms at the Nigh Univiersity Center.  As I walked in I was quickly overwhelmed and experienced what you could say as "culture shock." It was full of excitement and tons of students and faculty.  So many booths and setups of students from so many different places worldwide. 

 These students were so sweet and happy when I asked to take a picture with them! :) 






I'm not exactly sure what country or culture we took this picture by but this is my friend Kelsey that I ran into at the festival. Kelsey also let me try some of the food she got from different countries.  I tried some chocolate thing with sprinkles that looked really good and it tasted just like chocolate pudding.  So I couldn't go to the festival and not try something.


One thing I really liked was all the photo ops at the booths! I think they are all so fun! they gave us hats and they were all so welcoming and gave us a ton of props to choose from! I think having a festival like this is great way for people to see how others live in their own countries.  It's good to know how other live and about their cultures. 



 While attending the festival I also watch the Korean students perform hip-hop dances, a pop dance, and many other performances.  You can definitely tell all the students take pride in their traditions just like we do here in the U.S.  Although we are all different we all share similar customs in some form or another. 

That's All She Wrote - Rayven Boone 

No comments:

Post a Comment